The picturesque capital of Zimbabwe – here lies a city, several towns and villages that make up the best variety of scenic views. From the town of Rusape, literally referring to ‘a place that never dries out’; to Mutare, a city founded after gold was discovered in Penhalonga (1897); then to Inyanga, a town of rolling green hills and home to the highest mountain in the country, which leads us to Honde Valley and Vumba mountains, where tea and coffee is produced, along with the botanical gardens; lastly stopping in Chimanimani, a place with unparalleled gushing springs, rugged mountain grandeur and cascading waterfalls.
The Eastern Highlands combined make the region a unique theatre of nature’s artistry!
Tiritose will customise the tour according to your preferences, and available travel time, so hit us up, and let’s get exploring!
DAY 01: Harare - Nyanga national park
- We will start the day with an early departure from Harare and drive past Rusape Town en route to Nyanga Nyanga National Park. We will arrive in Nyanga by 10 am and check in to our accommodation and rest for an hour.
- At 11 am, we will begin our hike up Nyangani Mountain, the tallest mountain in Zimbabwe. We will have packed lunch, which we will enjoy once we summit. The hike will take us approximately 4.5 hours.
- Once we come back down, we will go for sundowners at Nyangombe Falls.
DAY 02: Ziwa ruins & Mtarazi falls
- On this day, we will have a hearty breakfast and check out of our accommodation, before driving for approximately an hour to Ziwa Ruins, ancient architecture that demonstrates how people constructed their homesteads and how communities lived in the past. There is a museum to further illustrate the past, and how it informs the present and perhaps the future.
- From Ziwa Ruins, we will drive for another 1.5 hours towards Mtarazi Falls, the longest curtain of falling water in Zimbabwe and sixth in the world. There are several optional activities here such as Zipline, SkyWalk, Water Rafting among others. Please let us know in advance should you wish to participate in any of the activities, so that we can book ahead.
DAY 03: Bvumba mountains
- We will start the day with a hike up to the Castle Kopje, a steep hike, which will expose the most beautiful scenery – peaking into Mozambique, Birchenough Bridge, Burma Valley and Chimanimani. We take in mid-morning with a walk through the Botanical Gardens, the perfect place for birding and photography.
- A must-see in Bvumba is Tony’s Coffee Shop for they sell the best cakes in the world – with our very own favourite chocolate cake, with the only ingredient being chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. We will then drive out to Chimanimani, where we will put up for the night.
DAY 04: Chimanimani national park
- Yet another early start, we will do hiking up the second tallest mountain in Zimbabwe, shared with Mozambique to the east.
DAY 05: Bridal veil falls - Harare
- We will explore the Bridal Veil Falls as well as do a Village Tour – wherein you will participate in a therapeutic cultural immersion experience with some African Traditional cooking classes. There is an option to extend the tour by a day, which would allow us to explore Chipinge town where we can visit the tea, coffee, avocado plantations as well as the famous Birchenough Bridge.
- 5 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry tax
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours