Built in the 11th Century, this large collection of stone ruins and UNESCO World Heritage Site offers a glimpse to ancient civilisation, history and culture. The tour takes you through times past, and the modern, largest man-made inland lake in Zimbabwe: Lake Mutirikwi (formerly known as Lake Kyle). You will be able to see engineering genius on the dam wall as well as the recreational park, where you will find 3 of the big 5 wildlife!
DAY 01: Harare - Gweru - Shurugwi - Masvingo
- You will be picked up early, and drive to the middle of the country and third largest city: Gweru.
- Explore the MIlitary Museum, Boterekwa Canyons in Shurugwi.
- Tour of the Great Zimbabwe Ruins: this is your chance to see great architecture, similar in stature to the Egyptian Pyramids. You will have your own guided tour with a knowledgeable guide.
DAY 02: Lake Mtirikwi - Gonarezhou National Park
- We will start the morning with a hearty breakfast before visiting the grandeur that is Lake Mtirikwi, with an option to fish or get involved in some water sports.
- As the day goes, we will begin the drive to Gonarezhou National Park for a Game Drive
DAY 03: Gonarezhou National Park
- Morning Game Drive – leading to Chilojo Cliffs (canyon).
- After lunch, we will begin our drive back to Harare.
- 2 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry tax
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours