The most successful World Bank project ever! This hydroelectric dam separates the Zambezi River and now hosts the resort town whose name is derived and manipulated from the Shona word ‘Kariva’, which means ‘little trap’. The resort town is now the beginning of tourist activities surrounding the Lake, with islands along the shores, just waiting to be explored.
DAY 01: Harare - Kariba to Chinhoyi Caves
- After an early pick-up, we will start off at Chinhoyi Caves.
- Then, we will drive for another 3 hours at Kariba where we will have time to chill as well as have our lunch.
DAY 02: Boat ride to several islands
- Begin today with a boat ride and do relaxed cruise rides near Kariba. Fishing is an option if you fancy doing the same.
- We will spend the night on the boat under the stars.
DAY 03: Kariba - Harare
- In the morning, we will sail back to the shore, followed by a quick tour of Nyamhunga township. If one is interested, can do do some souvenir shopping.
- Drive back to Harare.
- 3 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry tax
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours