Domboshava, meaning ‘a red rock or stone’ is an historical and cultural significant area in Zimbabwe. Among the hills and mountains, there are two places that are a must see when visiting Zimbabwe. Ngoma Kurira Hill is a hiker’s paradise, which means the ‘beating drum’, in the Zimbabwean Shona language. It is a protected site, hiding glorious views of places afar, rock paintings as well as a cave.
The Domboshava Rock & Cave Paintings are the best destination for experiencing magnificent examples of San Art rock paintings and caves. There is a local beer garden that will sure quench your thirst after the walk.
- From Domboshava, we begin hiking to the Ngoma Kurira Hill which means the ‘beating drum’, in the Zimbabwean Shona language. This hill is located some 9 km away from Domboshava. This place is a hiker’s paradise for its steep mountain climbs.
- Explore ancient rock paintings and rock arts while you are here. Domboshava is basically a village, located in the granite hills, north of Harare. There are some unique rock formations that can be seen here. Explore these formations and the unique cave paintings in the area.
- Visit the local beer garden where you can quench your thirst and also have time to relax after the hiking.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours