Looking for a food-filled adventure while travelling in Harare? You found the right place. You are guaranteed a mouth-watering lineup of delicious food for the soul. You should already know this, BUT we will mention it anyway: we are more than what you eat, so we will infuse the culinary delight with insight into the city and places where you will eat. You are in safe hands because we too are fanatic foodies, so it is not just a tour for us, we also want to devour the meals.
Harare is more than about the Shona food culture, it is a melting pot of cultures, and so you can also expect to eat a fusion of foods, with unique tastes derived from countries like Ethiopia, Nigeria, India, Kenya, United States, Mexico, Brazil among others. One thing is for sure, if you have had food from any of these countries, you now have to try it again with the Zimbabwean twist. In the Zimbabwean Shona language, we say, “Ukama igasva, hunozadziswa nekudya” which when loosely translated refers to the act of breaking bread – tying together strangers and ensuring a long-lasting relationship. Such is the significance of food in Zimbabwe. Best of all, there are opportunities to bring a piece of Zimbabwe to your kitchen through homemade meals and cooking classes in very welcoming homes that love sharing recipes, which you may try once you return home.
- Get to taste the scrumptious Zimbo-Ethiopian Infusion style food at Queen Maqueda.
- Enjoy best barbeque dishes at (Outdoor braai/barbeque) KwaMereki Gochie Gochie.
- Then, also taste the best of Gavas dishes including traditional canapes.
- Get a taste of a proper home cooked meal through cooking classes on unique Zimbabwe dishes.
- Wash down all this food with the best wine and beer at the Jam tree.
- Entry tax
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours