Situated in the Mazowe Valley, nestled between Nande and Dikitira Hills, Thetford Game Reserve is only 30 kilometres from Harare – and the best escape from the hustle and bustle of City life. Thetford has stayed true to its mission of creating a safe environment for animal breeding and feeding programmes. Noteworthy, is the endangered White Rhino. Some of the other game you can expect to encounter during the game drive include the indigenous Roan Antelope, Buffalo, Giraffe, Tsessebe, and of course the majestic Sable.
There are over 200 bird species in the park, opportunities to hike the two mountains to reveal the Mazowe Dam below, which sneaks up on you as you summit. Thetford offers relaxation, so visitors are able to cycle around the property, enjoy a sundowner, picnic or horse riding.
- Begin with game viewing at this major Game Reserve area. This beautiful game park is situated in the Mazowe Valley and is only 30 minutes from Harare and the best escape from the hustle and bustle of City life.
- Get a chance to see the beautiful white rhino and some of the other game you can expect to encounter during the game drive include the indigenous Roan Antelope, Buffalo, Giraffe, Tsessebe, and of course the majestic Sable.
- Then, proceed to do hikes at two nearby mountains in the area and revel in the sight of the majestic Mazowe Dam below, which sneaks up on you as you summit.
- End with picnic lunches or even try out horse riding here.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Bookings can be cancelled whenever without any fees.
- City Sightseeing
- Day Tours
- Short Tours