Once we receive your initial enquiry and application, we immediately begin spending funds on administrative expenses, field planning, and all other logistics. For this reason, Tiritose cannot provide full refunds when you cancel after confirmation of any of the following volunteering, internship, faculty-led trip or other booked experience. Please familiarise yourself with our Cancellations & Refund Policy timelines.
Refund of Trip Costs in the event of cancellation:
- Deposit: each booking has a USD$200 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations for any reason more than 90 days prior to departure date receive a full refund, notwithstanding any banking and transaction charges.
- Cancellations for any reason between 30 to 45 days prior to departure date receive up to 50% refund.
- Cancellations for any reason less than 30 days prior to departure date receive up to 25% refund.
- Cancellation within the last 15 days of departure date, no refunds.
- Confirmed day and overnight excursions / tours may only be refunded should participants cancel no less than 24 hours before the schedules trip. Notwithstanding, the partial refund will not exceed 50% of the amount paid.
Tiritose recommends volunteers, interns and faculty staff to purchase trip cancellation insurance should they have concerns or other pending arrangements that could lead them to cancel a confirmed trip. This insurance is widely available, and recommendations can be found on the Internet.
Refund of Trip Costs in the event of Tiritose Cancellation:
In the event that Tiritose cancels a placement or tour, participants have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another person or group. Any and all payments received will be applied towards that person or group.