DAY 1: START IN HARARE
- The group is picked up from the Robert G Mugabe International Airport and transferred to the Tiritose Lodge in Mt Pleasant for an overnight stay – giving time for passengers not aboard the group flight to arrive.
- Dinner will be provided at the Lodge.
DAY 2-3: STONE CITY & COMMUNITY INTERACTION
- This is also where Zimbabwe derives its name “House of Stone”.
- Embark on a guided walk and informative talk through the monuments, discovering the history and culture of the Zimbabwean people.
- Lake Mtirikwi: rhinos and bridge architecture.
DAY 4-7: GONAREZHOU NATIONAL PARK
- A premier wilderness & wildlife destination in the southeast lowveld, and arguably the most beautiful part of your Zimbabwe safari holiday.
- The National Park is home to one of the largest herds of elephants in Africa, a staggering 11,000 elephants.
- The Chilojo Cliffs elicit a unique sense of wonder, which rises 200 metres above the floodplain of the Runde River - it is a magnificent 13km stretch of sandstone rampart.
- May to October are the best months to visit the park. Walking safari at the pools of Samalena Gorge (the place of killing).
DAY 7-8: SAVE VALLEY CONSERVANCY
- Save Valley Conservation focuses on restoring ecosystems, preserving and protecting endangered species such as black & white rhinos as well as the African wild dog.
- It is the best place for a combined land and water safaris – fishing, canoeing, mountain biking, abseiling and more than 670 bird species.
DAY 9: CHIPINGE
- Today we head over to the evergreen border town of Chipinge, next door to Mozambique.
- We will explore the rainforest, home to the Big Tree and a mythical forest.
- Chipinge is home to the coffee, tea and fruit plantations, and we will be taken on guided tours of these plantations including the factories.
DAY 10-11: CHIMANIMANI
- Chimanimani National Park is mostly only accessible by footpaths and has preserved the pristine wilderness of the mountains.
- Indigenous forest of the Bridal Veil Falls, tumbling 50m down a cliff into a serene glade.
DAY 12-13: NYANGA NATIONAL PARK
- On the final stage of your Zimbabwe safari holiday you will visit the Eastern Highlands town of Nyanga.
- Pass through the small stone monument of Ziwa Ruins, a Bushman painting site and a viewpoint where we can see Nyangani Mountain
- Mtarazi Falls and tour of Honde Valley tea plantations.
DAY 15: HARARE
- Free morning. Airport transfer and departure.